What should I do first?

If you suffer a workplace accident or illness, you should:

  • Tell your employer about your accident or occupational disease. If you need more than first aid, your employer should send a report of your accident or disease (Form 7) to the WSIB within three days.
  • Get medical attention right away (for example, first aid, hospital emergency, family doctor).
  • If you are visiting a clinic, please have your WSIB claim number and adjuster contact information ready before you schedule an appointment.
  • When you attending your initial appointment, tell the person treating you to send a Health Professional’s Report (Form 8) to the WSIB.
  • Report the accident to your union or your health and safety representative, if you have one.