Who Should Consider This Type of Therapy?
You should consider this type of therapy if you have:
- Suffered back or neck pain for over one week
- Bulging or herniated discs
- Degenerative disc disease
- Worn spinal joints (called posterior facet syndrome)
- Injured or diseased spinal nerve roots (called radiculopathy)
Can Anyone be treated?
Spinal decompression therapy is not recommended for pregnant women, patients who have severe osteoporosis, severe obesity, or severe nerve damage. It is also not recommended if you have had spinal surgery with instrumentation (screws, metal plates or cages.)
For most patients, spinal decompression is a safe and effective therapy. Your health care provider can help you decide if spinal decompression is right for you and your specific condition.