What should I do first?
If you suffer a workplace accident or illness, you should:
- Tell your employer about your accident or occupational disease. If you need more than first aid, your employer should send a report of your accident or disease (Form 7) to the WSIB within three days.
- Get medical attention right away (for example, first aid, hospital emergency, family doctor).
- If you are visiting a clinic, please have your WSIB claim number and adjuster contact information ready before you schedule an appointment.
- When you attending your initial appointment, tell the person treating you to send a Health Professional’s Report (Form 8) to the WSIB.
- Report the accident to your union or your health and safety representative, if you have one.